Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012: The Year of Books

Well folks, another year has come and gone. I hope you all had a wonderful New Year!

Believe it or not, it's another year I missed my reading goals. I did manage to read a large number of titles, but didn't manage to put up as many reviews as what I should have. This year will most definitely be different. Yes, a large majority of people who make New Years Resolutions say that, and never make it through the full year with their goals still in tact.

You see, for the last few years, I've set the goal of reading 100 titles in a year. Novels, novellas, biographies, short story anthologies/collections, trade-paperback comics... they all count towards my goal of 100. I haven't managed to actually read that many books in a year, but I have a feeling that this year will be different. It's not even the middle of January yet, and I've already hit read 13 titles. Most of which will get a review here on Sci-Fi Guys. However, not all of the books that I plan on reading this year will get a review on Sci-Fi Guys. Those that aren't speculative fiction, will see mention, and maybe a brief review on my personal writing website, The Bloody Pen. I'm already keeping track of all the titles that I've read, on a special page all to themselves.

I've also promised myself that I'll read a short story a day for a full year. 2012 is that year. It was a personal challenge that I adapted, after having a fairly in-depth discussion about the concept with Bizarro author Nicole Cushing. Unless the short story anthologies/collections that I read in 2012 are speculative fiction, a review for them will show up on the site. This, I've discovered, will help me two-fold: 1.) I don't post enough short story reviews, and 2.) I don't read enough short stories.

But, I digress...

Stay tuned folks, because this year is going to be crazy with more reviews, interviews and give-aways than you'll know what to do with!

~Rodney

No comments:

Post a Comment